What’s The Best Way To Provide My Staff Water During a Pandemic?
There is no doubt that businesses just like yours have had to overcome many challenges due to COVID-19. We wish that the world could return to a pre-pandemic normalcy, but adapting, improvising, and overcoming is the new norm.
Maintaining the high level of customer service that you’ve always had and building your overall customer base is still very much a priority, but now you just need to spread some love to your staff who help make all that possible. We know one of your goals is to keep your staff hydrated and focused, but how do you do that while abiding by COVID-19 safety and health regulations? Easy!
We’re going to show you the best ways to provide your staff with water during this pandemic but first, let’s look at the importance of providing water for your business. Providing water for you staff has many benefits:
- A hydrated team makes for a focused team.
- When your team is focused, they work more efficiently.
- Keeping team members hydrated also promotes a healthier work environment.
Varying Options to Provide Your Team with Water
There are many ways in which you can go about providing water for your team. Let’s take a look at how each way could effect your business and your bottom line.
Buying from the store
On the plus side, you can take your time shopping the best deals and maybe even take advantage of those extra reward points! There are some downsides, however:
- Time is money and searching for the best deals then driving to go get them eats up lots of time.
- You might drive somewhere, and they could be out of what you’re looking for. What a waste of time and gas!
- Risking COVID-19 exposure yourself or a member of your staff and possibly exposing the rest of your team.
Ordering from a large online store
We know how convenient online shopping can be! All you have to do is open your computer, select how much you’d like to order, click ADD TO CART , and all the while, you never even have to remove your fuzzy bunny slippers. Let’s face it…this convenience is super attractive, but let’s talk about the big picture:
- There’s no telling when your water will arrive with the postal service bogged down like it is currently.
- You’re using a national company or cloud service who only knows you as ‘Customer Number 867-5309.’ That number should ring a bell in your mind because that’s the song you’ll be singing while you wait for your water to be delivered 2 weeks past its original date.
- Another factor of using a national company off site is that your hard-earned money isn’t staying with your fellow Mississippians, and you’re not supporting our local economy as much as you would if you were to choose someone local.
We’re sure you already tried most, if not all, of the above options to help hydrate your business. What about having your water delivered right to your office by a local person who not only knows your name but also which college team you’re cheering for this weekend?
Whether you’re looking for filtration or bottled water delivery, Exell can take care of all your needs.
Let’s dive into knowing what needs your business has. Once we know where we are, then we’ll know where we need to go.
Know Your Needs
No one knows your business better than you. Finding a company that offers water in all shapes and sizes to fit the needs of your business is essential.
You don’t want to underestimate your order because you want your staff covered, and you definitely don’t want to over order when you can use those dollars elsewhere.
No two businesses are the same. A large manufacturing company with 500+ employees is going to need a bit more than a small law firm with a staff of 10. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Does your staff prefer to bring their own water bottles or resealable cups with them to work daily? If this is the case, you might be suited for water dispensers so they can fill their own cups and bottles with cold, refreshing, purified water.
- Perhaps your employees prefer a more grab ‘n go style with single serve bottled water. During COVID-19, the idea of multiple people in the workplace touching the same dispenser lever can cause some concern. You may choose to implement a stringent cleaning schedule of high-touch surfaces, or you may prefer to have a company, like Exell, who can deliver a variety of sizes of bottled purified water to reduce the number of contact points your team has to touch.
- Another big one is knowing how quickly your team goes through the provided water. This will help you understand how much you’ll need to order and continuing to order to keep the breakroom completely stocked. Our team can assist you with forecasting your usage, too!
Address The Obvious Concerns
When considering a delivery service for your water jugs or cases of water, you have your employees’ and your customers’ safety to think about. Obviously, these concerns will be on the forefront of your mind:
- Is the business you are considering using for water delivery taking COVID-19 as serious as you and your team are?
- Are they following the guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)?
- Will this company follow MY business guidelines for COVID-19 protection?
You can rest assured that Exell is doing everything in our power to slow the spread of the virus, and we not only offer no-contact delivery, we are also happy to conduct a virtual site survey if you so choose.
To recap, the best ways to provide water for your staff during COVID-19 are to:
- Ask Questions: When you’re considering a company to handle your water delivery, you can typically tell right away whether or not a company is taking this pandemic seriously by how they answer. Great companies with company-wide mandates already in place will provide you with their delivery structure and what their drivers are required to do before each delivery.
- Do Your Research: See what other people are saying about the company you’re considering. Check out this blog comparing Kentwood to Exell as a starting point. Our Learning Center also has a multitude of resources when it comes to figuring out which solution best fits your needs.
- Think About Your Needs: You can’t fulfill needs that you don’t know. Make sure the company you’re considering can meet those needs, but if you’re not quite sure what your needs are or what the best way to meet those needs would be, we’d be happy to conduct a site survey to get you on the right path!